P and O has a long and proud history stretching right back to 1815 when "a young man with no influence and but limited pecuniary means, opened an office in Lime Street, London and commenced business." The young man was Brodie McGhie Willcox and he was joined in his new endeavour, as ship broker and agent, by Arthur Anderson, employed by him as a Clerk. Willcox and Anderson soon became partners and with the financial backing of a Dublin ship owner, Captain Richard Bourne, the Peninsular Steam Navigation Company issued its first prospectus in 1835. In 2012 we celebrated 175 years of P and O history.
|Viceroy of India (1928), premier navire turbo-électrique de P and O et Ranchi (1925), construit pour la croisière. Collection agence Adhémar|
|Chusan (1949) de P and O. Collection agence Adhémar|
|Orsova (1953) de P and O. Collection agence Adhémar|
|Arcadia (1953) de P and O. Collection agence Adhémar|
|Oriana (1959) de P and O. Collection agence Adhémar|